What is Intergroup?
It’s a question we hear often from newcomers who are not familiar with 12-Step programs.
Intergroup is the umbrella organization linking all SCA meetings in Los Angeles, Long Beach and Orange County.
Each meeting elects one representative to conduct and vote on business matters affecting SCA Los Angeles.
Elected Intergroup representatives hold their positions for one year, from March through the following February.
Intergroup representatives meet once a month on the third Saturday of each month.
Meetings are held at “The Village”, 1125 N. McCadden Place, Los Angeles, CA 90038, at 10:30AM.
All SCA members are welcomed to attend but only Intergroup representatives and officers may vote.
SCA Los Angeles Intergroup also sends representatives to the annual International Service Organization (ISO) convention to discuss and vote on matters affecting SCA Internationally.
Los Angeles Intergroup is a great way to be of service and make a difference in your recovery. We are all trusted servants who volunteer our time to ensure that our primary purpose continues:
To carry our message to the sexual compulsive who still suffers.
Highlights from July meeting:
- Meeting donations to Intergroup are still beloew our budgeted target. Without the financial support of the fellowship, we can not perform the community outreach to the addict who still suffers. Please forward contributions over your meeting’s prudent reserve consistently to Intergroup or start collecting additional 7th traditions exclusively for Intergroup.
- We also accept direct donations from individuals via paypal.
- An updated outreach letter has started to go out to the courts. We’ve mailed about 100 copies so far. We will also keep a pdf version on the court page of the website so members can refer to it as it explains to the courts what we can and cannot provide for additional information other than a signature for attendance.
- Our new Fellowship Coordinator, Jefferey, who will begin planning some social events for the LA fellowship.
- If you are interested in a workshop, please contact Bob L. at email@example.com
- ISO is conducting an online fellowship inventory survey throughout the entire SCA fellowship. The Survey will be available for September and October. Each meeting should have a survey liaison to help communicate awareness each week while the survey is open. We need as many people as possible to participate.
- Intergroup is currently reviewing an updated version of literature highlighting the history of SCA in Los Angeles and Orange County.
- Mt. Calvary retreat location will be closing in 2021. Therefore, the retreat committee will begin looking for a new location. If you haven’t done a retreat yet, now is a good time before it’s too late!
- Website traffic has increased which could be a result from outreach at LA Pride.
Next Meeting is Saturday, August 17th – 10:30am
1125 N McCadden Place
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Donations to Intergroup collected at meetings or from individual members can be mailed to:
Los Angeles Intergroup of Sexual Compulsives Anonymous
1049 Havenhurst Drive #96
West Hollywood, CA 90046
Donations can also be made with PayPal.