What is Intergroup?
It’s a question we hear often from newcomers who are not familiar with 12-Step programs.
Intergroup is the umbrella organization linking all SCA meetings in Los Angeles, Long Beach and Orange County.
Each meeting elects one representative to conduct and vote on business matters affecting SCA Los Angeles.
Elected Intergroup representatives hold their positions for one year, from March through the following February.
Intergroup representatives meet once a month on the third Saturday of each month.
Meetings are held at “The Village”, 1125 N. McCadden Place, Los Angeles, CA 90038, at 10:30AM.
All SCA members are welcomed to attend but only Intergroup representatives and officers may vote.
SCA Los Angeles Intergroup also sends representatives to the annual International Service Organization (ISO) convention to discuss and vote on matters affecting SCA Internationally.
Los Angeles Intergroup is a great way to be of service and make a difference in your recovery. We are all trusted servants who volunteer our time to ensure that our primary purpose continues:
To carry our message to the sexual compulsive who still suffers.
Highlights from June meeting:
- Thank you to Evan for joining Intergroup as our new recording Secretary!! We are always looking for new members to join in the service for the fellowship.
- Meeting donations to Intergroup are well off our budgeted target. Without the financial support of the fellowship, we can not perform the community outreach to the addict who still suffers. Please forward contributions over your meeting’s prudent reserve consistently to Intergroup or start collecting additional 7th traditions exclusively for Intergroup.
- We also accept direct donations from individuals via paypal.
- An updated outreach letter is being sent to the Los Angeles Superior Court Judges to bring awareness of our 12-step program.
- Our outreach booth at LA Pride was a success. SCA’s booth was part of “Pride on the Boulevard” which had us on Santa Monica Blvd. outside of the paid festival. This gave us greater access to the community to start a dialogue around sex addiction.
- If you are interested in a workshop, please contact Bob L. at email@example.com
- There is a new 7:30pm Thursday evening meeting in Hollywood. Please support if possible.
- Intergroup is currently reviewing an updated version of literature highlighting the history of SCA in Los Angeles and Orange County.
Next Meeting is Saturday, July 20th – 10:30am
1125 N McCadden Place
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Donations to Intergroup collected at meetings or from individual members can be mailed to:
Los Angeles Intergroup of Sexual Compulsives Anonymous
1049 Havenhurst Drive #96
West Hollywood, CA 90046
Donations can also be made with PayPal.