What is Intergroup?
It’s a question we hear often from newcomers who are not familiar with 12-Step programs.
Intergroup is the umbrella organization linking all SCA meetings in Los Angeles, Long Beach and Orange County.
Each meeting elects one representative to conduct and vote on business matters affecting SCA Los Angeles.
Elected Intergroup representatives hold their positions for one year, from March through the following February.
Intergroup representatives meet once a month on the third Saturday of each month.
Meetings are held at “The Village”, 1125 N. McCadden Place, Los Angeles, CA 90038, at 10:30AM.
All SCA members are welcomed to attend but only Intergroup representatives and officers may vote.
SCA Los Angeles Intergroup also sends representatives to the annual International Service Organization (ISO) convention to discuss and vote on matters affecting SCA Internationally.
Los Angeles Intergroup is a great way to be of service and make a difference in your recovery. We are all trusted servants who volunteer our time to ensure that our primary purpose continues:
To carry our message to the sexual compulsive who still suffers.
Highlights from July meeting:
- We reviewed our digital and physical outreach efforts around LA Pride and are looking to extend our outreach. In August we will vote on a budget and timeframe for another digital outreach effort and we are also researching festivals and events in the area to attend.
- The expanded Twelve Traditions of SCA pamphlet was distributed as new literature to meeting representatives and is in a 12-month review period before it is officially published.
- The first SCA convention fundraiser is our summer pool party on July 28th, followed by our annual movie night on August 18th where we’ll be screening Moulin Rouge. Additional details are available on the flyers circulating at meetings.
- The SCA Labor Day Retreat is set for August 31st through September 2nd, 2018 and you can book your spot online.
- Individuals can make direct contributions to Intergroup via paypal using the link at the bottom of this page.
- Send all meeting changes including, holiday closures to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can keep the website updated.
Next Meeting is Saturday, August 18th
10:30am – 11:30am
1125 N McCadden Place
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Donations to Intergroup collected at meetings or from individual members can be mailed to:
Los Angeles Intergroup of Sexual Compulsives Anonymous
1049 Havenhurst Drive #96
West Hollywood, CA 90046
Donations can also be made with PayPal.