What is Intergroup?
It’s a question we hear often from newcomers who are not familiar with 12-Step programs.
Intergroup is the umbrella organization linking all SCA meetings in Los Angeles, Long Beach and Orange County.
Each meeting elects one representative to conduct and vote on business matters affecting SCA Los Angeles.
Elected Intergroup representatives hold their positions for one year, from March through the following February.
Intergroup representatives meet once a month on the third Saturday of each month.
Meetings are held at “The Village”, 1125 N. McCadden Place, Los Angeles, CA 90038, at 10:30AM.
All SCA members are welcomed to attend but only Intergroup representatives and officers may vote.
SCA Los Angeles Intergroup also sends representatives to the annual International Service Organization (ISO) convention to discuss and vote on matters affecting SCA Internationally.
Los Angeles Intergroup is a great way to be of service and make a difference in your recovery. We are all trusted servants who volunteer our time to ensure that our primary purpose continues:
To carry our message to the sexual compulsive who still suffers.
Highlights from May meeting:
- All SCA Los Angeles area meetings will take place via Zoom video for the foreseeable future. You can use your computer, laptop, smart phone or telephone. More information is available at scalosangeles.org/covid-19.
- Intergroup is centralizing the court signature process to make it easier and more efficient. Meeting secretaries should email firstname.lastname@example.org after each meeting with a list of those approved for a court signature. Court members will send their forms to the same email address after all meeting slots have been full and we will provide signatures.
- A new Spanish speaking meeting started this week at 10am Sunday mornings. We are trying to add Spanish language pages to the website as well.
- Intergroup is still looking for a fellowship social coordinator.
- To make it easier for members to donate a 7th tradition, we now have a donate page on the website scalosangeles.org/donate
- The 2020 Memorial Day weekend retreat has been canceled due to Covid-19.
- We currently don’t have any workshops scheduled. If anyone is interested in setting one up via zoom, maybe even at your weekly meeting, contact Bob L. email@example.com.
- The annual ISO meeting was completed via zoom April 17 – 19, 2020. Next year’s meeting is scheduled for Spring 2021 in Atlanta. For a review go to scalosangeles.org/2020iso
- We are also beginning outreach to therapists and professionals to encourage people to visit a local meetings to find out if SCA’s program of recovery is right for them.
- If you are interested in assisting with the development of new literature, please contact Gary S. via email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Meeting is Saturday, Junw 20th 11:00am via Zoom
The Village at the LGBT Center
1125 N. McCadden Place,
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Donations to Intergroup collected at meetings or from individual members can be mailed to:
Los Angeles Intergroup of Sexual Compulsives Anonymous
1049 Havenhurst Drive #96
West Hollywood, CA 90046
Donations can also be made with PayPal.