What is Intergroup?
It’s a question we hear often from newcomers who are not familiar with 12-Step programs.
Intergroup is the umbrella organization linking all SCA meetings in Los Angeles, Long Beach and Orange County.
Each meeting elects one representative to conduct and vote on business matters affecting SCA Los Angeles.
Elected Intergroup representatives hold their positions for one year, from March through the following February.
Intergroup representatives meet once a month on the third Saturday of each month.
Meetings are held at “The Village”, 1125 N. McCadden Place, Los Angeles, CA 90038, at 10:30AM.
All SCA members are welcomed to attend but only Intergroup representatives and officers may vote.
SCA Los Angeles Intergroup also sends representatives to the annual International Service Organization (ISO) convention to discuss and vote on matters affecting SCA Internationally.
Los Angeles Intergroup is a great way to be of service and make a difference in your recovery. We are all trusted servants who volunteer our time to ensure that our primary purpose continues:
To carry our message to the sexual compulsive who still suffers.
Highlights from September meeting:
- Meeting donations to intergroup have improved but we still need each meeting’s Treasurer to forward funds over your prudent reserve consistently to Intergroup. Individual members can also make contributions via pay pal, or check. Instructions are on our intergroup page.
- Intergroup reps are reviewing an updated version of our literature “Early days of SCA in Los Angeles and Orange County”. If you are interested in offering feedback see your rep or contact intergroup.
- The Tuesday 10am Hollywood meeting has been canceled due to lack of attendance. Send all meeting changes including, holiday closures to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can keep the website updated.
- If you are interested in a workshop, please contact Bob L. at email@example.com
- The New Year’s Eve retreat will be held December 28th – 30th. Registration should begin sometime in October.
Next Meeting is Saturday, October 20th
10:30am – 11:30am
1125 N McCadden Place
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Donations to Intergroup collected at meetings or from individual members can be mailed to:
Los Angeles Intergroup of Sexual Compulsives Anonymous
1049 Havenhurst Drive #96
West Hollywood, CA 90046
Donations can also be made with PayPal.