What is Intergroup?
It’s a question we hear often from newcomers who are not familiar with 12-Step programs.
Intergroup is the umbrella organization linking all SCA meetings in Los Angeles, Long Beach and Orange County.
Each meeting elects one representative to conduct and vote on business matters affecting SCA Los Angeles.
Elected Intergroup representatives hold their positions for one year, from March through the following February.
Intergroup representatives meet once a month on the third Saturday of each month.
Meetings are held at “The Village”, 1125 N. McCadden Place, Los Angeles, CA 90038, at 10:30AM.
All SCA members are welcomed to attend but only Intergroup representatives and officers may vote.
SCA Los Angeles Intergroup also sends representatives to the annual International Service Organization (ISO) convention to discuss and vote on matters affecting SCA Internationally.
Los Angeles Intergroup is a great way to be of service and make a difference in your recovery. We are all trusted servants who volunteer our time to ensure that our primary purpose continues:
To carry our message to the sexual compulsive who still suffers.
Highlights from March meeting:
- All SCA Los Angeles area meetings will take place via Zoom video for the foreseeable future. You can use your computer, laptop, smart phone or telephone. More information is available at scalosangeles.org/covid-19
- Intergroup elections have been postponed until our April meeting.
- Intergroup is self supporting relying on the generosity of our fellowship. One suggestion is for members of the fellowship to set up a monthly recurring donation to Intergroup via pal for only $5 a month. It’s equivalent to $1.25 a week and it would make a significant impact for just a small amount each month. It takes less than five minutes to set up on our intergroup page on the website.
- Registration for the 2020 Memorial Day weekend is currently on hold due to Covid-19. We will know more as we get closer to the weekend.
- We currently don’t have any workshops scheduled. If anyone is interested in setting one up, maybe even at your weekly meeting, contact Bob L. email@example.com.
- The annual ISO meeting will take place via video conference due to travel restrictions from Covid-19. The Conference will take place April 17 – 19, 2020.
- We are also beginning outreach to therapists and professionals to encourage people to visit a local meetings to find out if SCA’s program of recovery is right for them.
Next Meeting is Saturday, April 18th 11:00am via Zoom
The Village at the LGBT Center
1125 N. McCadden Place,
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Donations to Intergroup collected at meetings or from individual members can be mailed to:
Los Angeles Intergroup of Sexual Compulsives Anonymous
1049 Havenhurst Drive #96
West Hollywood, CA 90046
Donations can also be made with PayPal.