What is Intergroup?
It’s a question we hear often from newcomers who are not familiar with 12-Step programs.
Intergroup is the umbrella organization linking all SCA meetings in Los Angeles, Long Beach and Orange County.
Each meeting elects one representative to conduct and vote on business matters affecting SCA Los Angeles.
Elected Intergroup representatives hold their positions for one year, from March through the following February.
Intergroup representatives meet once a month on the third Saturday of each month.
Meetings are held at “The Village”, 1125 N. McCadden Place, Los Angeles, CA 90038, at 10:30AM.
All SCA members are welcomed to attend but only Intergroup representatives and officers may vote.
SCA Los Angeles Intergroup also sends representatives to the annual International Service Organization (ISO) convention to discuss and vote on matters affecting SCA Internationally.
Los Angeles Intergroup is a great way to be of service and make a difference in your recovery. We are all trusted servants who volunteer our time to ensure that our primary purpose continues:
To carry our message to the sexual compulsive who still suffers.
Highlights from September meeting:
- We are still projecting a budget shortfall from meeting donations. Rents are going up and it’s affecting cash flow to Intergroup. Our Treasurer is encouraging members to donate on their own to Intergroup to help us. One suggestion is to set up monthly recurring donation to Intergroup via pal for only $5 a month. It’s equivalent to $1.25 a week and it would make a significant impact for just a small amount each month. It takes less than five minutes to set up on our intergroup page on the website.
- We currently don’t have any workshops scheduled. If anyone is interested in setting one up, maybe even at your weekly meeting, contact Bob L. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copies of the conditionally approved new piece of literature, “The Promises of SCA” are being distributed to members of the fellowship for review and feedback.
- ISO is asking each member to participate in the SCA fellowship inventory survey which end October 31, 2019. The survey is online, anonymous and can take about 15mins. Link is at sca-recovery.org
- Our outreach to Los Angeles Courts is still underway with about half of the courts being contacted with our information letter.
- Registration for the December year-end retreat is now open. More information is available on the retreat page. There will only be 3 more retreats at this current location and the committee is looking for a new location for 2021.
- Convention committee is asking members to complete the workshop survey which is accessible via a link on our convention page.
- We are working on adding some Spanish language pages to our website.
Next Meeting is Saturday, October 19th – 10:30am
1125 N McCadden Place
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Donations to Intergroup collected at meetings or from individual members can be mailed to:
Los Angeles Intergroup of Sexual Compulsives Anonymous
1049 Havenhurst Drive #96
West Hollywood, CA 90046
Donations can also be made with PayPal.