What is Intergroup?
It’s a question we hear often from newcomers who are not familiar with 12-Step programs.
Intergroup is the umbrella organization linking all SCA meetings in Los Angeles, Long Beach and Orange County.
Each meeting elects one representative to conduct and vote on business matters affecting SCA Los Angeles.
Elected Intergroup representatives hold their positions for one year, from March through the following February.
Intergroup representatives meet once a month on the third Saturday of each month.
Meetings are held at “The Village”, 1125 N. McCadden Place, Los Angeles, CA 90038, at 10:30AM.
All SCA members are welcomed to attend but only Intergroup representatives and officers may vote.
SCA Los Angeles Intergroup also sends representatives to the annual International Service Organization (ISO) convention to discuss and vote on matters affecting SCA Internationally.
Los Angeles Intergroup is a great way to be of service and make a difference in your recovery. We are all trusted servants who volunteer our time to ensure that our primary purpose continues:
To carry our message to the sexual compulsive who still suffers.
Highlights from September meeting:
- All SCA Los Angeles area meetings will take place via Zoom video for the foreseeable future. You can use your computer, laptop, smart phone or telephone. More information is available at scalosangeles.org/covid-19.
- SCA has multiple options for E-Literature. Check out your options at scalosangeles.org/e-literature
- Intergroup has centralized the court signature process to make it easier and more efficient. Meeting secretaries should email firstname.lastname@example.org after each meeting with a list of those approved for a court signature. Court members will send their forms to the same email address after all meeting slots have been full and we will provide signatures.
- We are hosting a workshop for newcommers to SCA on Saturday September 26th at 11am. This will be a great opportunity to bridge the gap for newcomers who started meetings only on Zoom. We will answer questions, offer guidance and best practices since we still can’t meet face to face at in person meetings.
- Our Next Zoom Social event will be on Saturday October 31st.
- We are reaching out to other CA meetings to see if they are interested in attending and possibly joining our Intergroup.
- If anyone is looking to start a new zoom meeting, email email@example.com. We can set it up for you as long as it does not overlap any other meeting time slot.
- We will be voting on literature updates for the “Early Days of SCA in LA & OC”.
Next Meeting is Saturday, October 17th 11:00am via Zoom
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM = Hollywood, The Village
Meeting ID: 885-757-437, Password: 1234
One-Click link: click here
Donations to Intergroup collected at meetings or from individual members can be mailed to:
Los Angeles Intergroup of Sexual Compulsives Anonymous
1049 Havenhurst Drive #96
West Hollywood, CA 90046
Donations can also be made with PayPal.