What is Intergroup?
It’s a question we hear often from newcomers who are not familiar with 12-Step programs.
Intergroup is the umbrella organization linking all SCA meetings in Los Angeles, Long Beach and Orange County.
Each meeting elects one representative to conduct and vote on business matters affecting SCA Los Angeles.
Elected Intergroup representatives hold their positions for one year, from March through the following February.
Intergroup representatives meet once a month on the third Saturday of each month.
Meetings are held at “The Village”, 1125 N. McCadden Place, Los Angeles, CA 90038, at 10:30AM.
All SCA members are welcomed to attend but only Intergroup representatives and officers may vote.
SCA Los Angeles Intergroup also sends representatives to the annual International Service Organization (ISO) convention to discuss and vote on matters affecting SCA Internationally.
Los Angeles Intergroup is a great way to be of service and make a difference in your recovery. We are all trusted servants who volunteer our time to ensure that our primary purpose continues:
To carry our message to the sexual compulsive who still suffers.
Highlights from July meeting:
- Next workshop is scheduled August 12th on step 6 & 7: For more details visit our workshop page.
- Our recent outreach campaign “Break the Cycle” has received positive reviews and is being expanded to SCA NY and ISO for all of SCA.
- Our newcomer coordinator, Jerry is looking to expand newcomer orientation workshops to more than once a year. We need support to carry the message.
- Literature development would like to vote on “For Atheists or Agnostics in SCA” next month so please have your meetings or individual members offer feedback.
- The Convention Committee is having some summer fundraisers coming up. 7/29, game night, 8/22 movie night, 9/4 pool party. Please listen for info during meeting announcements.
- Improvements & additions are being made to our website so send us your feedback or suggestions.
Donations to Intergroup collected at meetings or from individual members can be mailed to:
1049 Havenhurst Drive #96
West Hollywood, CA 90046
Donations can also me made with PayPal.
Click here to view a step-by-step guide on how to donate.