What is Intergroup?
It’s a question we hear often from newcomers who are not familiar with 12-Step programs.
Intergroup is the umbrella organization linking all SCA meetings in Los Angeles, Long Beach and Orange County.
Each meeting elects one representative to conduct and vote on business matters affecting SCA Los Angeles.
Elected Intergroup representatives hold their positions for one year, from March through the following February.
Intergroup representatives meet once a month via zoom on the third Saturday of each month at 11:00am.
All SCA members are welcomed to attend but only Intergroup representatives and officers may vote.
SCA Los Angeles Intergroup also sends representatives to the annual International Service Organization (ISO) convention to discuss and vote on matters affecting SCA Internationally.
Los Angeles Intergroup is a great way to be of service and make a difference in your recovery. We are all trusted servants who volunteer our time to ensure that our primary purpose continues: To carry our message to the sexual compulsive who still suffers.
Highlights from May meeting:
- Intergroup voted on requirements for court signatures at zoom meetings. The two guidelines are that court members must arrive on time to meetings and they need to give our court coordinator 72 notice for the signatures. Last minute requests have become a problem. The process is time consuming. Therefore, court members should not expect to have court forms returned to them sooner than 72 hours.
- We only have two area meetings that are hybrid with zoom. Most meetings in the Los Angeles area are still only meeting via zoom. Please refer to our meetings page for the latest information. We are also encouraging each meeting to enable the waiting room feature to prevent any zoom bombing/trolling.
- A new in-person meeting is scheduled to begin Thursday evenings at the Village. Tentative start date is June 9, 2022. This meeting will be a non-court signature meeting.
- The Memorial Day SCA retreat will be held on May 27 – 29, 2022.
- ISO Conference took place on zoom April 29 – May 1, 2022.
- Starting in May, we are having monthly workshops to guide members through the 12 steps. Information is available on our events/workshop page of this website. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need any literature please email email@example.com
Next Meeting is Saturday, June 18th 11:00am via Zoom
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Meeting ID: 787-716-2543, Password: 820626
One-Click link: click here
Donations to Intergroup collected at meetings or from individual members can be mailed to:
Los Angeles Intergroup of Sexual Compulsives Anonymous
1049 Havenhurst Drive #96
West Hollywood, CA 90046
Donations can also be made with PayPal.