What is Intergroup?
It’s a question we hear often from newcomers who are not familiar with 12-Step programs.
Intergroup is the umbrella organization linking all SCA meetings in Los Angeles, Long Beach and Orange County.
Each meeting elects one representative to conduct and vote on business matters affecting SCA Los Angeles.
Elected Intergroup representatives hold their positions for one year, from March through the following February.
Intergroup representatives meet once a month on the third Saturday of each month.
Meetings are held at “The Village”, 1125 N. McCadden Place, Los Angeles, CA 90038, at 10:30AM.
All SCA members are welcomed to attend but only Intergroup representatives and officers may vote.
SCA Los Angeles Intergroup also sends representatives to the annual International Service Organization (ISO) convention to discuss and vote on matters affecting SCA Internationally.
Los Angeles Intergroup is a great way to be of service and make a difference in your recovery.
There is no one in charge.
We are all trusted servants who volunteer our time to ensure that our primary purpose continues:
To carry our message to the sexual compulsive who still suffers.
Here is a short list of Intergroup accomplishments:
- Monthly workshops to help SCA members in various stages of recovery.
- Creating new literature via workshops and discussion groups.
- Maintaining SCA Los Angeles website, meeting list, phone line, literature, archives & post office box.
- Organizing social events to help us maintain and grow our fellowship.
- Outreach to the courts, hospitals, institutions and professionals to carry the message.
Donations to Intergroup collected at meetings or from individual members can be mailed to:
1049 Havenhurst Drive #96
West Hollywood, CA 90046
Donations can also me made with PayPal.
Click here to view a step-by-step guide on how to donate.